Upcoming Rock Recovery Events
Questions about our events? Contact Christie Dondero, Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-255-9906
Clinical Educational Event with Timberline Knolls: Positive Psychology and the Power of Hope
- When: Thursday, February 11th, 8:00-10:30 AM
- Where: The Carr Workplaces Event Space at The Willard
- Cost: Free – RSVP by February 8th
- View flyer for more details
Uncovering the Illusion: Documentary Screening and Panel Discussion
We have been bombarded with unattainable standards of beauty, and there are consequences. Join Rock Recovery and presenting sponsor Center for Discovery for an eye-opening screening of the documentary “The Illusionists” followed by a panel discussion featuring body image, eating disorder and media experts. “The Illusionists” provides insight to communities and individuals about how mass marketing media images are created and how they distort the true meaning of beauty, resulting in individuals feeling self doubt, uncertainty, and having body dissatisfaction. The post-screening discussion will shed light on how media, body dissatisfaction and insecurity can all play a role in the development of disordered eating.
- When: Thursday, February 25th, 6:30-8:30 PM
- Where: Busboys & Poets, Washington, DC
- Cost: $25 includes appetizers and drink ticket
- Purchase tickets
Barre & Body Image Class
In honor of National Eating Disorders Awareness Week (February 21 – 28), barre3 and Rock Recovery are combining forces to raise funds to help more people in need of treatment and education. Join us at barre3’s newest location for an afternoon that will make you sweat and smile. Enjoy a 60-minute class followed by a post-class reception with mimosas, snacks and a 10-minute talk on building healthy body image. Learn practical quick tips to integrate into your daily life to find greater health and happiness.
- When: Saturday, February 27th, 2:00-3:30 PM
- Where: barre3 Union Station
- Cost: $24 early-bird rate before February 15th. Price goes up to $29 on February 16th.
- Register now