Upcoming Rock Recovery Events
- Body Image & Eating Education Series: Starts May 7th in Arlington, VA
- Charity Ride – Indoor Cycling Class: Saturday, July 18th in Washington, DC
- Grub for Good 5K Fun Run: Tuesday, September 15th in Arlington, VA
Questions? Contact Christie Dondero, Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-255-9906
Charity Ride – Indoor Cycling Class
Join us for a 60-minute indoor cycling class to beat the July heat! First-time riders to experienced cyclists are challenged to increase their endurance and burn calories in this high-energy, music-driven stationary cycling class. All bikes are equipped with SPD pedals to accommodate cleats in addition to straps for standard athletic shoes. All proceeds from the class will go directly to Rock Recovery’s programs.
- When: Saturday, July 18th, 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Where: Washington Sports Clubs, 3100 14th Street Northwest, Washington, DC 20010
- Cost: $15 Early Bird Price, $20 after July 10th
Grub for Good 5K Fun Run
Join us for a 5K fun run for all fitness levels and a post-run happy hour. All proceeds from the event will support our mission to help individuals struggling with disordered eating and body image issues.
- When: Tuesday, September 15th, 6:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Where: Potomac River Running, 4501 Fairfax Drive, Arlington , VA 22203
- Cost: $15 Early Bird Price, $20 after August 31st – includes registration, raffle entry, and happy hour food and drink specials at the post-run social event
Body Image & Eating Education Series
Rock Recovery’s Body Image & Eating Education Series aims to promote understanding of struggles with food and body image. The seven sessions in this series include presentations that provide critical information and is for individuals struggling as well as concerned friends and family members. Attendees have the opportunity to discuss content and ask questions following each presentation.
- When: Thursdays, 7:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. – see below for dates of individual sessions
- Where: Grace Community Church, 1031 N. Vermont St, Arlington, VA
- Cost: Pre-registration required via Eventbrite; $10 per session or $65 for the full series of 7 sessions.
- Contact: Christie Dondero, Director of Development and Community Programs: email@example.com or 571-255-9906
Register below for individual sessions, or choose “Full Series Registration” to register for all seven sessions at a discount. Sessions are offered in rounds throughout the year, and you are not required to attend the sessions sequentially. Registration is not refundable but is transferable between dates, so if you cannot attend a session on the date that you are registered for, you may attend the missed session in a later round. Similarly, if you begin the series in the middle of a round, you can attend the previous sessions in the next round.
Please note: Round 10 of the series will begin on May 7th.