Brunch & Body Image: A Mother-Daughter Morning on Self-Acceptance
Spend a few hours of quality time and enjoy a fun morning with your daughter focused on developing healthy habits to promote self esteem and well-being. Hear from Center for Discovery’s, Georgia Meyers, M.A.Ed., LPC, and learn tips and tools for modeling and creating healthy self-acceptance and body image. Brunch and dessert will be provided.
- When: Saturday, November 8th, 10:30 AM – 12:30 PM
- Where: La Tagliatella (2950 Clarendon Blvd, Arlington, VA 22201)
- Cost: $40 early-bird price per mother-daughter pair ($20 per person). Price increases to $50 on 11/1.
- Contact: Christie Dondero, Director of Development and Community Programs: email@example.com
Grub for Good 5K Fun Run
Join Rock Recovery for a 5k fun run for all fitness levels, and stay for a runner’s social and drink specials! Rock Recovery started Grub for Good three years ago to fight the stigma that surrounds eating disorders and to involve the running community in supporting individuals who struggle with food and body image issues.
- When: Saturday, November 22nd, 9:30 AM – 12:00 PM
- Where: Potomac River Running (4501 Fairfax Dr. Arlington, VA 22203)
- Cost: $15 includes 5K registration, post-run snacks, and access to drink specials. (Price increases to $20 on 11/15)
Body Image & Eating Education Series, Round 8
Rock Recovery’s Body Image & Eating Education Series aims to promote understanding of struggles with food and body image. The seven sessions in this series include presentations that provide critical information and is for individuals struggling as well as concerned friends and family members. Attendees have the opportunity to discuss content and ask questions following each presentation. Each evening will also end with optional prayer.
- When: Thursdays, 7:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. – see below for dates of individual sessions
- Where: Restoration Anglican Church, 1815 N Quincy St, Arlington, VA 22207 (1 mile from Virginia Square Metro; street parking available)
- Cost: Pre-registration required via Eventbrite; $10 per session or $55 for the full series of 7 sessions.
- Contact: Christie Dondero, Director of Development and Community Programs: firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-255-9906
Register below for individual sessions, or choose “Full Series Registration” to register for all seven sessions at a discount. Sessions are offered in rounds throughout the year, and you are not required to attend the sessions sequentially. Registration is not refundable but is transferable between dates, so if you cannot attend a session on the date that you are registered for, you may attend the missed session in a later round. Similarly, if you begin the series in the middle of a round, you can attend the previous sessions in the next round.
Please note: Round 8 of the series will begin on September 18th.