All Upcoming Events:
Click on an event below to view more information.
- Wednesday, March 19: Rock Recovery’s 6th Birthday Happy Hour
- Tuesday, March 25: Grub for Good 5K Fun Run
- Ongoing, February 27 – April 17: Body Image & Eating Education Series
Rock Recovery’s 6th Birthday Happy Hour
Join Rock Recovery in celebrating six years of supporting the journey to freedom from disordered eating with a happy hour fundraiser! 10% of sales from the night will go directly to support our individual recovery and community empowerment programs.
When: Wednesday, March 19, 5:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Where: La Tagliatella, 2950 Clarendon Blvd, Arlington, VA
Specials: $5 pizzas, $4 draft beers, $5 house wine
Grub for Good 5K Fun Run
Join Rock Recovery for a 5K fun run for all fitness levels to fight the stigma that surrounds eating disorders and support individuals who struggle with food and body image issues. The run will be followed by a happy hour with raffle drawing at A-Town Bar and Grill.
When: Tuesday, March 25, 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM
Where: Potomac River Running, 4501 Fairfax Drive, Arlington , VA 22203
Post-run happy hour at A-Town Bar and Grill, 4100 Fairfax Dr, Arlington, VA 22203
Cost: $15 before March 15th – Register early before prices go up!
(Includes registration, raffle entry, and happy hour food and drink specials at the post-run social event)
Body Image & Eating Education Series
Rock Recovery’s Body Image & Eating Education Series aims to promote understanding of struggles with food and body image. Each of the eight sessions in this series provides critical information and is for both individuals struggling as well as concerned friends and family members.
- When: Thursdays, 7:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. – see below for dates of individual sessions
- Where: Grace Community Church, 1031 N Vermont Street, Arlington, VA 22201 (four blocks from the Ballston Metro station, free parking onsite)
- Cost: Pre-registration required via Eventbrite; $15 per session or $100 for the full series of 8 sessions.
- Contact: Christie Dondero, Director of Development and Community Programs: firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-255-9906
Register below for individual sessions, or choose “Full Series Registration” to register for all eight sessions at a discount. Sessions are offered in rounds throughout the year, and you are not required to attend the sessions sequentially. Registration is not refundable but is transferable between dates, so if you cannot attend a session on the date that you are registered for, you may attend the missed session in a later round. Similarly, if you begin the series in the middle of a round, you can attend the previous sessions in the next round.
Please note: Round 6 of the series began on February 27th. Round 7 is tentatively scheduled to begin in May and details will be posted to this page as they are finalized.