Upcoming Rock Recovery Events
- Body Image & Eating Education Series: Starts February 5th in Washington, DC
- Charity Cycle Ride with Zengo DC: Saturday, March 14th in Washington, DC
- Grub for Good 5K Fun Run: Tuesday, April 21st in Arlington, VA
- Building Bridges: Living an Integrated Life: Thursday, April 30 in Washington, DC
Questions? Contact Christie Dondero, Director of Development and Community Programs: firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-255-9906
Charity Cycle Ride with Zengo DC
Join us and Zengo DC for a 45 minute high-intensity cycle class. All levels welcome! All proceeds from the event will support our mission to help individuals struggling with disordered eating and body image issues.
- When: Saturday, March 14th, 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Where: Zengo Cycle DC, 1508 14th Street NW, Washington, DC 20005
- Cost: $35 includes shoe rental and water bottle
Grub for Good 5K Fun Run
Join us for a 5K fun run for all fitness levels and a post-run happy hour. All proceeds from the event will support our mission to help individuals struggling with disordered eating and body image issues.
- When: Tuesday, April 21st, 6:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Where: Potomac River Running, 4501 Fairfax Drive, Arlington, VA 22203
- Cost: $15 Early Bird Price, $20 after Friday, April 10th – includes registration, raffle entry, and happy hour food and drink specials at the post-run social event
Body Image & Eating Education Series
Rock Recovery’s Body Image & Eating Education Series aims to promote understanding of struggles with food and body image. The seven sessions in this series include presentations that provide critical information and is for individuals struggling as well as concerned friends and family members. Attendees have the opportunity to discuss content and ask questions following each presentation. Each evening will also end with optional prayer.
- When: Thursdays, 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. – see below for dates of individual sessions
- Where: Calvary Baptist, 755 8th St NW, Washington, DC
- Cost: Pre-registration required via Eventbrite; $10 per session or $55 for the full series of 7 sessions.
- Contact: Christie Dondero, Director of Development and Community Programs: email@example.com or 571-255-9906
Register below for individual sessions, or choose “Full Series Registration” to register for all seven sessions at a discount. Sessions are offered in rounds throughout the year, and you are not required to attend the sessions sequentially. Registration is not refundable but is transferable between dates, so if you cannot attend a session on the date that you are registered for, you may attend the missed session in a later round. Similarly, if you begin the series in the middle of a round, you can attend the previous sessions in the next round.
Please note: Round 9 of the series will begin on February 5th.