Grub for Good 5K Fun Run
Join us for a 5k fun run that aims to involve the running community in supporting those struggling with body image issues and fighting the stigma that surrounds eating disorders.
- When: Tuesday, September 16th, 6:30 – 8:30 PM
- Where: Run begins at Potomac River Running Store (919 F St NW Washington, DC 20004), with post-run happy hour at Asian Nine (915 E St NW, Washington, DC 20004)
- Cost: $15 Early Bird Registration before Friday, September 5th at midnight; $20 after September 5th – Cost includes registration fee, free appetizers, and drink specials at the post-run social event
- Contact: Christie Dondero, Director of Development and Community Programs: firstname.lastname@example.org
Body Image & Eating Education Series, Round 8
Rock Recovery’s Body Image & Eating Education Series aims to promote understanding of struggles with food and body image. The seven sessions in this series include presentations that provide critical information and is for individuals struggling as well as concerned friends and family members. Attendees have the opportunity to discuss content and ask questions following each presentation. Each evening will also end with optional prayer.
- When: Thursdays, 7:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. – see below for dates of individual sessions
- Where: Restoration Anglican Church, 1815 N Quincy St, Arlington, VA 22207 (1 mile from Virginia Square Metro; street parking available)
- Cost: Pre-registration required via Eventbrite; $10 per session or $55 for the full series of 7 sessions.
- Contact: Christie Dondero, Director of Development and Community Programs: email@example.com or 571-255-9906
Register below for individual sessions, or choose “Full Series Registration” to register for all seven sessions at a discount. Sessions are offered in rounds throughout the year, and you are not required to attend the sessions sequentially. Registration is not refundable but is transferable between dates, so if you cannot attend a session on the date that you are registered for, you may attend the missed session in a later round. Similarly, if you begin the series in the middle of a round, you can attend the previous sessions in the next round.
Please note: Round 8 of the series will begin on September 18th.